1. a microorganism, especially when disease-producing; microbe.
2. a bud, offshoot, or seed.
3. the rudiment of a living organism; an embryo in its early stages.
4. the initial stage in development or evolution, as a germ cell or ancestral form.
5. something that serves as a source or initial stage for subsequent development
After sneezing three times in a row today, which is very abnormal for me, I realized that somehow someone’s germs have tried to take up residence in my body. So instead of pushing myself to write something–which I almost did until the thought of sleep started lulling me away from my computer like the Pied Piper of Hamelin–I decided to see if I could get some rest. I literally laid down around noon and for the most part I slept like a bump on a log. (sigh) Sleep and Zicam are my friends.
I’ll see if I can double post tomorrow, or just extend my posting to Saturday. We’ll see…
Here’s to hoping that everyone else is healthy, rested, and refusing sickness!